- Responsible for meeting and exceeding personal sales food, beverage and rental revenue goals, monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Develops existing clients and effectively solicits new sales prospects and former clients for the purpose of selling catering services and banquet space
- Develops list of prospective local clients through sales calls, sales blitzes, referrals or inquiries.
- Discusses catering requirements, calculates costs, negotiates price and prepares sales proposals, suggests menu modifications in response to customer needs, and up sell services and resources to clients whenever possible.
- Solicits and maintains ongoing contact with active accounts to promote repeat business; continuous contact with former accounts to identify the need for additional catering services and to solicit repeat business.
- Promotes catering services, food and beverage and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize profits from food & beverage revenues and meeting room rental.
- Facilitates pre-conference meetings and testing’s with clients and key hotel staff.
- Maintain a high level of service by continually providing accurate and timely information and feedback to all departments.
- Act as hotel expert on weddings and social events.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with hotel clients and negotiates contracts and agreements.
- Establishes client base of organizations, associations, social and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales effort.
- Clearly communicates details of events to client and hotel departments in a professional, thorough and timely manner, i.e. conference resumes, Banquet event orders and internal correspondence.
- Conducts tours of the hotel function space and guestrooms; entertains qualified potential clients.
- Accurately forecasts individual booking revenues and cancellations; accurately tracks consumption on all bookings.
- Assists the client in menu planning; coordinates food, beverage, meeting room set-up, and other services as requested by the client; assures that all requirements are communicated and completed to the clients specifications.
- Adhere to all Fairmont Opera Sales & Catering Standards and procedures including appropriate trainings
- Responsible for the successful outcome of the event - Develop menus and agendas, insure BEOs are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors.
- Adjust function space in order to ensure maximum potential revenues.
- Payment of Functions – Establish payment methods of catered functions.
- Participate in daily lead meeting to maximize revenues and communicate potential new business, weekly catering sales meeting, daily BEO meetings as necessary and monthly department meetings
- 3 years related experience in social catering or similar management position at a First Class hotel preferred.
- College degree or diploma in Hotel Administration preferred.
- Long hours sometimes may be required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Strong culinary and beverage knowledge and interest.
- Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively with an accurate sense of detail.
- Able to work independently within a very busy environment while assertive, professional and positive.
- Understanding of computers and applications with a strong working knowledge of Property Manager, MS Word and Excel.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts - 3 years ago
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties in 16...