Sr. IT Analyst – Applications Support
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Senior IT Analyst – Applications Support
Get close to the business in one of Cargill's global, customer focused platforms - Cargill Animal Nutrition (CAN).
We are seeking an IT Applications Analyst for the Cargill Feed and Nutrition BU with behaviors that will blend with a strong business culture of integrity, respect for others, passion for success, and a commitment to serve.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to focus on providing 2nd level application support for a subset of CAN's global application portfolio. The technology focus for this position is in the area of Web Applications and Business Intelligence Reporting Support.
This person will be working with other CAN IT members to help manage, improve and maintain our custom web applications environment, including customer deployments, following standard ITIL change control procedures.
In addition, you will work closely with the business functions to maximize the usage and benefits of our applications suite.
This position provides great exposure and interaction with business subject matter experts as well as key stakeholders who deliver solutions for CAN businesses worldwide.
Cargill Animal Nutrition provides customized animal productivity solutions to commercial producers across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Rather than focusing on standardized nutrition products, we create customized ingredient blends and management programs to fit each customer’s needs. Our research-proven management and nutrition technologies suit the specific needs of our diverse array of customers, and our animal nutrition and management experts offer the scope and creativity to serve the unique needs of each customer.
Applications Support - 60%
Business Intelligence Reporting Support - 20%
- Assume ownership of and provide support for various applications used by Cargill Animal Nutrition
- Manage and perform systems administration of applications environments, including database work
- Own and manage application incidents and requests, including complex troubleshooting across multiple technologies
- Resolve issues through problem management and root cause analysis
- Coordinate and manage application changes using ITIL Change Control process
- Partner with IT teams to maintain application environments, Test to Production
- Effectively leverage local and global CAN team members as part of collaborative support structure
- Create and maintain functional and technical support documentation
- Work directly with CAN business departments to improve application services
Project Participation - 20%
- Create and maintain functional and technical support documentation of reporting application environments
- Ownership of trouble shooting reporting issues and coordinating new report requests
- Manage, perform and monitor all Monthly IT work processes and activities for reporting applications
- Work directly with CAN business departments to improve existing reports and handle new requests
- Active participation in process improvement and new application development projects
- Make recommendations on applications and work process improvements
- Work with QA to create and maintain test plans for new and existing applications as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in applications support
- 3+ years experience with SQL Server, queries and table management activities
- 3+ years hands-on experience supporting Web applications, Microsoft IIS, and CITRIX published applications
- 2+ years Win XP/7 Operating System trouble-shooting experience
- Demonstrated understanding of database and/or software application component concepts, database management tools and techniques
- Demonstrated hands on client server trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills with both local and remote teams
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Experience working on SAP or other ERP application and data integration project activities
- Understanding of ITIL Problem Management and Change Management processes
- Familiarity with BOE, Cognos and/or Crystal reporting tools
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (pivot tables, data import and export, etc)
- AS/400 iSeries familiarity
Cargill - 10 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...