The Office of Integrated Technologies, Server Systems Group, seeks an experienced Linux Systems Programmer Analyst (State Title: Lead Programmer Analyst, SL3) to support the college’s server and networking infrastructure. Preferred candidates will have experience developing with server scripting languages (e.g. Perl, PHP, Ruby, BASH); building and managing LAMP servers; installing and maintaining RHEL v5/6 servers and demonstrated proficiency adapting and learning new technologies.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated work experience administering servers in a highly available and distributed environment. The candidate should possess strong analytic, communication & collaborative skills, and be knowledgeable about emerging trends in technology.
• 2 years work-related Linux server administration experience
• Programming proficiency with server scripting languages: Perl, PHP, Python, or BASH
• Programming experience with C/C++ or Java
• Associate’s degree
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Familiar with HTML, CSS, XML, Java, Tomcat, Apache
• Programming proficiency with C/C++ or Java
• Knowledge of professional software engineering tools (e.g. Build Automation, Documentation Management, DVCS)
• Familiarity with RDBMS like MySQL.
• Experience with setup and configuration of iSCSI SANs
• Knowledgeable with networking protocols and tools including SNMP, SSH, NC
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to produce desired results
• Experience in an academic or higher education computing setting
Special Information (i.e., weekend hours, travel, etc.):
Occasional travel and on call/overtime hours will be required.
Rank/Salary: $55,000 - $60,000, depending on qualifications.
Applications Due By: Review of resumes begins December 14, 2012
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Empire State College - 22 months ago
Siemens Infrastructure and Cities
- 17 days ago