This position is responsible for the analysis, development, modification, installation, testing and maintenance of operating systems software and/or software tools. Possesses a strong understanding of systems programming, graphical user interfaces and control languages. Evaluates vendor supplied software packages and makes recommendations to IT management. Modifies and/or debugs vendor-supplied utilities and packages. Modifies, installs and prepares technical documentation for system software applications. Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution. Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support.
1) Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems;
2) 5 years of IT work experience in systems administration and programming in AIX, SUN Solaris, Suse Linux and/or Redhat Linux;
3) Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting servers in a large complex environment;
4) Experience as a lead and/or mentor of a systems administration team.
5) Ability to perform basic and complex administrative tasks, resource and capacity administration and shell scripting;
6) Performs complex troubleshooting, technical support, configuration, performance analysis tasks and asset and license management;
7) Provides on-call operational and technical support on a rotating schedule;
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 17 months ago