Job Description |
Our Government Services Division is looking for personnel with strong Customer Service, Communication and IT Skills to join our team at a Client Site (USCG Centralized Service Desk) St. Louis, MO. Duties are to staff a Centralized Service Desk (CSD) providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support/Remote Support to Coast Guard Units worldwide. The majority of the platforms that the Coast Guard currently uses is the Windows Operating System – currently using the Vista OS (Modified) on the desktop, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008 Enterprise Server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010 and Microsoft Office 2007. The Coast Guard CSD is steadily working towards utilizing the ITIL v3 methodology.
The Client Technical Support Specialist must possess a strong understanding of Active Directory, Outlook, VPN/Remote Access and Good Technologies to provide the end user with problem resolution via phone and utilization of remote access tools.
Ability to obtain/currently possess a DOD/DHS SECRET Clearance is a must
Specific tasks may include:
• Create mail enabled user accounts
• Determine Exchange Mailbox database assignments
• Create users’ home directories with appropriate permissions
• Assist with registration of users Common Access Card (CAC)
• Modify a user’s account permissions
• Add user’s accounts to Distribution/Security Groups
• Create new Distribution/Security Groups – possibly mail enabled
• Modify Group Permissions on User Folders
• Have an understanding of the differences between Security and
• Have an understanding of Domain Local, Universal and Global Groups
• Create and modify Shared Mailboxes
• Assign permissions to allow users access to the shared mailbox
• Disable a shared mailbox ability to log on
• Create a new Exchange Public Folder (i.e. Unit Calendar, bulletin
• Assign permissions to Exchange Public Folders
• Assist users in the configuration of MS Outlook
• Have a working knowledge of the use of a .pst/.ost file and how
to fix problems with .pst’s and ost's
• Edit the mail profiles through the control panel
• Disable CAC requirement for logon
• Reset user’s password
• Rebuild user profiles
• Scan .pst files
• Utilize Remedy to submit, modify, resolve, close requests for
• Ability to assist members with configuring different types of
authorized Cell Phones and Devices
NOTE: The Coast Guard Centralized Service Desk is staffed 24 X 7 365 days a year. Shift Work including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays may be required. Normally you will have an assigned fixed schedule. We are currently staffing 5 different shifts.
NACLC investigation is required to start.
Ability to display Excellent Customer Service Skills in both receiving and making phone calls and as indicated in the above summary.
4+ yrs experience without degree; 0 - 4 yrs experience with Undergraduate degree
Able to lift 25 lbs for short periods of time.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...