The primary responsibility of the Service Desk Manager is to supervise the Service Desk staff and operations to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance.
This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Service Desk functions. The Service Desk Manager will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users and addressing escalations.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas LVS Corp. policies, practices, and procedures.
- Manage the individual resource level productivity and assess technical effectiveness of the teams assigned
- Monitors required Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for problem resolution and enforce those SLAs in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and document resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future recurrence of problem.
- Manage Service Desk staff including staff performance management, discipline, career progression, hiring, firing, and coaching
- Ascertain departmental training needs and ensure that such training is provided if needed
- Provide recommendations to Process Leadership and assist in implementing necessary process changes.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Coordinate work effort at the desktop level, including installing, imaging and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications, as necessary
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports including monitoring of applications as defined by IT-Engineering
- Coordinate and/or perform Level 1 issues – these issues are typically known solutions
- Build rapport and elicit inquiry details from service desk customers
- Prioritize and schedule incidents and requests - Escalate incidents and requests (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician
- Ensure the recording, tracking, and documenting of the service desk request and incidents is entered in the system of record (ticket system), including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to aid in resolution and fulfillment of incidents and service requests
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of Service Desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach, and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff
- Assist in development of reporting for internal analysis and to end-users (customer base)
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Ensure periodic review and maintenance of the Knowledge Base and ensure feedback to all other operating organizations to feed the knowledge base with known solutions
- Constantly seek ways to improve quality, operational performance, resolution rates and reduction of call volume through call volume and trend analysis
- Establish specific measurable performance goals and achievement targets; perform monthly operational reviews on performance
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, and procedures, including all company standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, and use equipment only as intended
- Keep privileged information confidential, as requested by Management
- Conduct performance review meetings of designated staff and follow through on corrective team member action
- Recruit candidates who demonstrate LVS core values and meet the requirements of the positions required
- Achieve optimal service staffing productivity levels through the proper coordination of schedules and shift bids to meet the demands of the business