Arapahoe House is currently seeking a Primary Therapist (Counselor) - Bilingual (Spanish/English) to join our Cultural Services team.
Provides Individual will provide group counseling and admission/assessment of individuals with substance abuse problems using Spanish and English languages by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide individual and group counseling services to clients with substance abuse and/or mental health issues in Spanish and English.
- Treatment services include in depth and accurate assessment, treatment/discharge planning and case management.
- Must have knowledge about and sensitivity to cultural issues affecting a culturally diverse cliental.
- Serves as a liaison with community agencies and referral sources with regard to client's needs.
- Interaction with client population in order to provide guidance, safety, stability and direction to all clients.
- Assist individuals to understand and overcome social and emotional problems.
- Prepare and facilitate didactic educational material in a group setting.
- Collect observed random urine samples for testing purposes.
- Facilitate group therapy, including groups containing clients and family members.
- Prepare and maintain client records in accordance with recognized standards of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division and the Division of Mental Health.
- Successfully represent Arapahoe House to the community both formally and informally.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to Arapahoe House Code of Ethics as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Must be sensitive to the diverse cultural and situational needs of the clients in the program.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (psychology, counseling, human services, or social work)
- Eighteen months of documented work experience in behavioral health or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Schedule requires availability working a variety of shifts that may include weekends and evenings
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Addiction Counselor II (CAC II) or equivalent combination of education and experience to a CAC II
- Current mental health licensure (LAC, LPC, LMFT or LCSW) is preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification is preferred.
- Current registration as a Certified Addiction Counselor in the state of Colorado (CAC I, II or III), or hold a license as an LPC, LAC, LMFT or LCSW, or be registered in the DORA database as a Registered Psychotherapist.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a driving record that meets agency requirements.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office. Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English and Spanish language proficiency is required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common reports and documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write clinical notes and summaries in prescribed style and format.
- Basic mathematical skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
Arapahoe House - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard