This position provides for a clinical and evidence based use of music to meet the individualized healthcare goals of patients through individual, group or environmental intervention.
Must be Board Certified as a Music Therapist within six months of hire.
Additional information : Music therapy services are provided in a variety of units throughout the hospital including intensive care units, children's medical and surgical units, neurotrauma science unit, infant unit, and some outpatient units.
- Develop and provide appropriate music therapy interventions for patients.
- Manage resources, including time, staff, and budget effectively.
- May supervise music therapy interns as available.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate scope of Music Therapy within a clinical setting.
- Promote communication with medical team, nursing, and other family support service departments.
- Actively develop community partnerships to promote music therapy.
- Develop and refine the Music Therapy program, including research to identify best practice for achieving desired clinical outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Completion of AMTA approved coursework in Music Therapy.
- Two years of experience in a clinical setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of child development milestones related to chronic illness and hospitalization.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Speaking, Seeing.
- Master's Degree
- Currently Board Certified as a Music Therapist.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...