Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
Required Knowledge: Solid tax technical knowledge in corporate income taxation with primary emphasis in income tax accounting (FAS 109).
Understanding of SEC and GAAP financial reporting requirements as well as Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Experience Required: Minimum of 5 years & experience in financial
accounting and income tax roles, demonstrating success in progressive positions of responsibility.
Systems aptitude and experience, experience with OneSource Provision (TaxStream) a plus
Familiarity with Canadian and Puerto Rico a plus
Familiarity with franchise taxation also a plus
Job Summary: (Overall purpose and objective of the job)
The Tax Manager is responsible for auditing internal data for compliance with the company’s own tax procedures and recommends changes in organizational methods to maximize tax reduction opportunities.
Essential Functions: (The reason this job exists is to perform these functions. These functions are performed regularly, seriously impacts other jobs, and there are a limited number of employees whom performance of the function can be distributed).
• Coordinate, manage, and prepare quarterly and annual income tax provisions (FAS 109) and legal entities
• Manage quarterly SOX 404 internal control procedures for tax accounting and ensure all processes are properly documented and tested. Coordinate with internal and attest auditors for control testing
• Manage current and deferred tax reporting for all domestic and foreign legal entities pursuant to ASC 740 to include analysis and determination of valuation allowances, APB 23 and FAS 52 translation adjustments
• Ensure external tax reporting requirements - including all SEC form 10-Q and form 10-K reporting requirements
• Perform all internal tax analysis and reporting
• Perform iIncome tax forecasting & tax provision, cash tax payments/receipts, valuation allowances, tax credit utilization analysis
• Oversee the income tax accounting and forecasting from process planning and managing workload through execution
• Participate with tax planning professionals on acquisition and business development projects to provide tax accounting expertise and ensure that forecasts accurately reflect new acquisitions
• Proactively communicate directly with executive management regarding financial effects of key transactions, operations, new projects, and legislative changes
• Identify and implement system and process improvements
• Monitor federal and state legislative and administrative tax developments and advise on impact to the company
• Assist with review of the federal consolidated corporate income tax return and combined state income tax returns; including inclusion of relevant disclosure statements
• Prepare quarterly federal state and local income tax estimates
The Vitamin Shoppe - 18 months ago
Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, and...