INRIX (based in Kirkland, WA) is seeking a top-notch Lead Software Development Engineer to take the helm of a high performing team building robust, hosted location based traveler services. The qualified candidate will be an experienced software lead with recent hands-on experience developing high performance components providing location and context based services via web services, Windows services, and on client devices. Knowledge of GIS/LBS and high volume data delivery concepts preferred.
In this position, the Lead Engineer will head a core team of high productivity developers working on the development of INRIX Traveler Services. These services are targeted towards automotive and mobile devices. INRIX has a solid traffic data delivery platform, and will be building on that technology to create new and unique location based to people on the move. The Lead Engineer will be expected to work closely with program and product management of both server and mobile components to design and deliver these worldwide travelor services.
- 10+ years software development experience.
- 3-5 years of experience providing management to at least 4 direct reports.
- Experience in designing, implementing and deploying components which run on large scale distributed applications and web services in a Windows Server environment. This should include both Windows services and web services as both designer and developer. Successfully shipping/deploying and maintaining these services is a key part of this qualification.
- Experience in developing on C# environments is also critical, as well as practical experience deploying components based on .NET 4.0 tools and concepts. Server-side Java experience may be substituted for C# experience.
- Experience working with stored procedures and SQL Server 2005/2008 is necessary. Experience working with large amounts of data (giga/terabytes) is highly desired.
- Experience with probability and statistics is highly desired.
- The successful candidate will be a team player, capable of collaborating in a startup environment.
- Maturity, solid experience working as a full time employee for a significant period of time, and a desire to be a part of something brand new are essential.
The candidate should have earned at least a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Masters or greater preferred.
VentureLoop: Connect with Startups. Get in the Loop.
Find jobs at top startups backed by top venture capital firms.
VentureLoop - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard