Designs and establishes management documentation. Authorizes the release of drawings, and software configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups. Provides advice and guidance on methods, procedures, and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation. Plans and implements methods to improve response. Participates in special studies. Provides work leadership for lower level employees. Performs data management tasks as required by contract. |
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
The Configuration Manager will work with the NEXSYS Program Office to establish, document, and preserve configuration control for NMEC's Exploit System as it changes with each release of NEXSYS. The Configuration Manager should have configuration management expertise for large systems involving COTS, GOTS, and custom-developed code, and should have experience with configuration management tools and CCB processes.
The NPO is responsible for a wide variety of GFE and GFI, development systems’ configuration baselines and associated configuration items, and reports and audits. It is required to follow NMEC IT Enterprise Configuration Management guidance, policy, and governance where practical during systems development and where necessary to prepare for systems initial operating capability.
Major duties include:
• Document, maintain, and report [on] system(s) configuration
• Establish procedures and control gates for configuration modifications
• Manage the configuration control system
• Manage configuration asset libraries
• Provide configuration accounting and status reports
• Provide meeting minutes
• Conduct configuration management audits of products and processes
• Lead NPO Change Control Boards
• Participate in Enterprise/Operational Configuration Control Boards
• Work closely with the NPO and the NMEC IT CM staffs to ensure reliable CM within the NPO and with the NMEC IT enterprise.
• Assist in the maintenance of the Development Control Board to manage the Software Configuration Management (SCM) process;
• Coordinate and administer the NPO DCB, which includes being responsible for all administrative functions , inputs and outputs as needed;
• Maintain the Software Configuration Management Plan (SCMP) as well as its Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) outputs; Serve as a key NPO CM liaison to the other NMEC IT Enterprise CM and NEXSYS CM stakeholders;
• Manage and audit the Configuration Management Database(CMDB) and coordinating any child baseline repositories for NEXSYS;
• Assist in the development of the CMDB Standard Operating Procedures for the NPO organization and the Federated CMDB;
• Serving as the NPO CM Representative to the NMEC IT Configuration Control Board (CCB);
• Perform scheduled CM audits on Software Configuration Items (SCI) and the CMDB (to include deliverables and repositories); and,
• Track all NPO related GFE and assisting in the coordination, acquisition, and tracking process with NMEC IT CM.
Years of Experience
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree