Job Summary: The Dental Assistant II/EFDA is to assist the dentist or dental hygienist. Expose and process X-rays. Perform Sealants. Manage the dental operatories. Perform patient intake. Travel and fill in at other VG Dental sites as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the dental of dental hygienist in transfer of instruments utilizing approved dental assisting principles. Assist the operator in preparation and delivery of dental materials.
- Layout necessary instruments for procedure
- Expose and process x-rays and duplicate when necessary. Ensure all x-rays are suitable for diagnosis.
- Able to perform sealant on patient treatment plan.
- Provide supportive care for patients at all times.
- Keep the operatory neat and clean during procedures and disinfect thoroughly before each patient arrives. Keep hand pieces properly maintained. Ensure that vacuum lines, unit, chair, light, instruments, and tray setups are thoroughly disinfected and properly sterilized at all times.
- Order and maintain inventory of dental supplies. Provide administration with appropriate purchase data.
- Restock rooms as necessary.
- Provide evaluation of emergency patients.
- Provide patient management for the dental department.
- Perform expanded function duties as necessary.
- Work with the Dental Clinic Operational Manager on infection control and OSHA guidelines.
- Take vital signs and review patient health history, updating as necessary.
- Ability to travel to other VG Dental sites as needed.
- Ability to be flexible and be able to work on weekends on special projects.
- Must have reliable vehicle and valid automobile liability insurance.
- Willing to support own team members to accomplish daily activities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a professional team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA).
The expanded function dental assistant will have access to PHI in the course of carrying out his/her duties. Applying the minimum necessary standard of HIPAA, the designated records sets to which this employee will have access include: the full dental chart, the full medical chart; all information in the practice management system, all other billing and account information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred or willingness to learn Spanish.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited dental assisting program or CDA required
- Previous experience within a medical/dental clinic valuable
- X-rays certified
- Sealant certified
- Valid Oregon driver’s license, reliable transportation, safe driving record and insurance coverage required.
Apply directly at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=3534911