1 year of experience required
Assist with transcribing dictations provided by healthcare providers, in the hospice setting, regarding patient assessment, daily progress notes, clinical course, diagnosis, prognosis, etc, in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services.
- 1-2 years of transcription experience.
- Basic computer knowledge using word processing, as well as dictation and transcription equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and medication and their uses.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- Written and oral communication skills, including grammar, punctuation.
- Able to be flexible, meet frequent requests, and be available for weekend coverage.
- Able to establish rapport and communicate positively with field and office staff regarding patient information
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
The Denver Hospice - 2 years ago