Inly School is a partnership of children, teachers, and families, dedicated to the joyful discovery of each child's innate capabilities and potential. Our community of learners inspires and nurtures children to become global citizens by embracing the philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori, in harmony with other compatible and innovative practices.
We are seeking a Lead Toddler Teacher who is positive, creative and passionate about working with children ages 18 to 36 months. The Lead teacher will work with a co-teacher and assistant teacher to provide a nurturing classroom environment that fosters the love of learning with a focus on supporting the social/emotional and language development of each toddler, helping each student to meet his/her full potential.
Qualified applicants have:
- the ability to team-teach using a variety of instructional methods
- experience in curriculum development and delivery of content
- a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in early childhood education or a related field
- previous experience working with children at this age level.
- Montessori certification, but will provide training for the right person.
- A strong foundation in and understanding of Montessori philosophy and pedagogy, as well as an interest in current educational research and innovative practices.
- A willingness to work with peers in day-to-day activities, instruction, classroom management, transitions, recess, technology, experiential learning, and parent communication.
- Strong organizational/ planning/record keeping and classroom management skills
- The ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with parents and peers.
Inly School is just 30 minutes from Boston on Massachusetts' beautiful South Shore. If you are seeking a supportive and progressive working environment that values creativity and collaboration, Inly School would like to hear from you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Assistant Head of School
46 Watch Hill Drive
Scituate, MA 02066