ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for providing a welcoming environment and efficient valet services in accordance with guest’s expectations and established performance standards. The position is also responsible for the following, but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently and safely park all vehicles in designated areas, ensuring each vehicle has been locked while in our possession and keys have been secured in valet booth.
- Efficiently and safely retrieve all vehicles, announce guest/party name and match claim ticket numbers to ensure delivery of the correct vehicle to each guest.
- Assist with loading of passengers and luggage, inquire if guest needs directions, clean the front vehicle windshield and offer an appropriate departing comment.
- Monitor and maintain the appearance and overall cleanliness of the front drive and parking areas.
- Inform guests/visitors of parking services and fees, issue a claim ticket, direct them to their intended destination and offer an appropriate closing comment.
- Offer luggage assistance as needed or requested. Transfer luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms, loading areas, vehicles, or transportation terminals, by hand or using baggage carts.
- Supply guests or travelers with directions, travel information, and other information such as available services and points of interest.
- Assist physically challenged travelers and other guests with special needs.
- Anticipate guest needs when possible and exhibit a sincere desire to meet or exceed them.
- Always speak professionally and graciously, smile, and maintain eye contact.
- Possess thorough knowledge of the location/hotel’s services, outlets and daily functions/events to proactively inform guests/visitors.
- Respond to all guest/visitor inquiries and resolve service discrepancies accordingly.
- Display a professional posture and post up in designated area on front drive.
- Maintain an assertive awareness of the front drive area and look for opportunities to initiate service.
- Promptly greet all vehicle passengers that arrive to the front drive by opening all occupied vehicle doors and offering them a warm and sincere welcome.
- Open and close all vehicle doors for guests/visitors arriving/departing the location.
- Obtain guest/visitor name and inquire as to the nature of their visit.
- Safely run/jog to and from parking areas when retrieving and parking vehicles.
- Inspect the exterior of each incoming vehicle and note any damage on the ticket.
- Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of management
Ø Current and valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a hi gh school diploma or equivalent
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Possess proficient driving skills with the ability to operate both automatic and standard transmission equipped vehicles
- Must be able to calculate parking charges manually and make change without the use of a calculator. Must pass math assessment
- Possess attention to details when reconciling transactions
- Possess an outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Demonstrate exceptional oral communication skills by conveying information effectively
- Possess knowledge of local area and surrounding attractions
- Demonstrate active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Maintain a professional personal and uniform appearance in accordance with Company standards.
- Demonstrate a guest-driven service style with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution and recovery.
- Possess knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Must be able to work flexible shift hours (days, evenings, weekends, holidays); approximately seven plus hours per shift standing, walking and running (intermittently); ability to lift 50 lbs. and push a bell cart
- Must be able to meet the following MVR guidelines:
Ø Proof of insurance (state minimum)
Ø No “Major” violations within a 3 year period (DUI, speeding over 21+mph, driving without a license, etc)
Ø No more than two “Minor” violations in a 3 year period (accident, speeding < 21mph, other moving violations)