The User Interface Designer will develop design concepts and user interfaces for MAKO's application product line. He (or She) will create workflows, prototypes, and guidelines for the user interfaces in order to simplify the user interaction and improve efficiency in the operating room. He (or She) will support user and design research including usability studies, ethnographic field research, user surveys, prototype testing and competitive product analysis.
- Design: Develop user interfaces for a variety of robotically assisted orthopedic surgery applications, databases and websites.
- Usability Testing:
- Support usability tests to solve problems with interfaces and make them not only more user-friendly and intuitive, by predicting how users will utilize each element of the design.
- May be required to execute assigned systems protocols linked, and write the test results report.
- Cross functional teamwork: Work closely with engineers, product managers and surgeons to build storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of MAKO applications and features.
- Style Guide: Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for MAKO applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Participate in design review & verifications report review.
- Provide status updates on projects to Project Lead and/or Application System Director
- May be required to participate in R&D departmental policies and procedure updates.
- Bachelors degree in industrial design, visual arts or graphic design with a minimum of 3 years of experience in software application design / development.
- Experience with Flash, Visio, Photoshop and other graphic design tools.
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team.
- Excellent communication, reporting, and documentation skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Knowledge of usability and coding practices for usability.
MAKO Surgical Corp. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -