This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Lead for Helmet Manufacturing. The main responsibility of this position is production support of all helmet processes during assigned shift. The main job responsibilities are as follows:
1. Support ME and other Operations personnel by leading troubleshoot and problem resolution of production process, tooling, and equipment problems and support implementation of corrective actions.
2. Assist ME group in the monitoring of equipment first pass yields product quality and yields though all helmet manufacturing process.
3. Support operator training during startup of new equipment and processes.
4. Review, Create, and Revise Work Instructions for new processes and process changes.
5. Assists ME in performing labor studies and making recommendations for labor improvements.
6. Performs hands on fabrication tasks to create/modify/repair tooling, fixtures, templates to support improved quality and FPY.
5. Assists ME in gathering labor and material inputs for proposal/quotation efforts.
6. Assists ME in investigation of root causes of discrepant parts and making recommendations for potential corrective actions.
7. Assists ME in developing, and evaluating new processes, equipment for production and engineering builds.
8. Maintains technical knowledge of relevant manufacturing process technologies, equipment and systems.
1. HS diploma and 10+ years of manufacturing experience; or equivalent acceptable education/experience.
2. Moderate knowledge of tooling, processing, and equipment and tool maintenance can include the following processes: Molding of composites, preparing composites for painting, and hand assembly.
3. Moderate knowledge of mechanical engineering principles for hydraulic and pneumatic equipment ; common engineering materials and their applications; fabrication and assembly processes relevant to products; statistical process control techniques; documentation control principles; engineering drawing interpretation and tolerancing.
4. Moderate Knowledge of programmable controller logic and programming and CNC programming.
5. Limited knowledge of Quality Assurance systems in composites industry, including ISO9000.
6. Working knowledge of machining equipment (Mills, Lathes, Drills) to build and modify simple tools and fixtures.
7. Requires moderate written and verbal communication skills; root cause analysis and problem solving; personal computer skills (excel, word, email) and personal work organization.
1. Associates Degree and 5+ years of directly related experience in composite manufacturing; or equivalent acceptable education/experience.
2. Three to five years experience working with hydraulic pressing and molding equipment, tooling, and control systems used in composite manufacturing.
3. Two to five years of experience working with of Programmable Logic controllers, LABVIEW Software for machine control and data collection, and CNC Fabric cutting software (Lectra), and 5 axis CNC programming.
4. Experience with CARC or similar paint systems, automated paint lines and equipment, and paint quality requirements.
5. Two to five years machinist or tool maker experience.
BAE Systems - 18 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...