Associate Information Officer Global Markets
Job ID #: 87186
Location: NJ-Berkeley Heights
Functional Area: Information Technology
Company: 42151 - AIG Property Casualty Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 10+ years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
This role will evaluate user requirements, provide recommendations and implement (design, develop, and test) web based applications as well as content management and reporting solutions.
* Manage and directly support deployment of Global Markets applications/releases through multiple distribution channels.
* Act as the key liaison between Operations and Support teams and IT to analyze business requirements and to design and/or customize software for worldwide global deployment.
* Ensure the interfacing of systems and/or applications and provide central point of contact for the coordination of systems and software deployment.
* Document and deliver best practice processes to interface with Global Markets systems.
* Provide a central point of contact and coordination for multiple GM systems.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Direct/lead technical and business analysis, design and development, testing of new and re-engineered applications, or the development of system modifications to address business needs within the Global Markets IT group.
- Manage project teams of employees, consultants, and/or fixed price staff.
- Communicate with technical peers, such as database designers, as well as Business Systems Analysts, & business/user groups. Act as the liaison between a specific application group and other parties.
- Review business requirement documents produced by the Business/System Analysts for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure Security and Architecture guidelines have been followed in the design and specifications are prepared within one application and adhere to systems development lifecycle.
- Manage project time lines to ensure project deliverables are complete on time.
- Conduct testing in conjunction with the QA team in testing.
- Participate in employee evaluations by monitoring subordinates performance and providing management with feedback for employee evaluations.
- Provid3 project status updates to senior IT management.
1. Related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
* Minimum of 10 years of experience encompassing management of systems design/analysis; systems and technical architecture design & development
* At least 5 years of experience directing full project lifecycle implementation for multiple applications supporting a company or division
* Technical project management, writing, presentation, communication skills and project planning skills
* Functional knowledge of a variety of technologies and how they work together
* Client relationship management experience
* Ability to utilize project development methodology tools; perform cost benefit analysis and economic feasibility studies; manage across multiple systems and business managers; liaison with business management to communicate project status and address risks/issues
* Expertise in MS Project, Powerpoint, Word and Excel
* Ability to work across the technology silos to formulate high level designs with project team, assist team to diagnose issues and perform trade-off analysis
A preferred candidate will also have familiarity with:
• Experience with large global insurance or financial projects
• Experience with workflow automation & content management solutions
• Understand the pre-quote, pre-bind and bind processes as used in the insurance industry
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Valic - 6 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...