Cablevision Division Optimum/Bresnan Department Name Field Service-Cheyenne Job Location WY / Cheyenne Requisition ID 19373BR Position Type Full Time Description Learns and performs a variety of duties pertaining to the installation of all Bresnan products and/or services in customer's homes, apartments and commercial properties. Works through Installation Training Manual, successfully completing all coursework, tests, and quality-checked work assignments within the first 3 months of employment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Drug Test, DMV and Background Check Required of Final Applicant
- Learns and performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters, modems, etc.; learns and performs upgrades and downgrades of service, including digital services to company standards. Ensures that the overall installation meets company standards by analyzing the quality and judging the acceptability of the services delivered (e.g., picture quality and signal levels for cable installation, and forward and reverse levels for HSI installation and digital telephone, etc.) once the installation is complete.
- Learns to install any/or all company products and/or services in residential and/or commercial facilities to company standards. Will learn to run and certify an additional CATV outlet, install, configure, operate and maintain the HSI Network Service, ensure functionality of the Ethernet network interface card in the customers’ computer and digital telephone, as required.
- Learns to support company revenues by selling new products and/or services to customers and attempts to upgrade existing customers; may be required to meet sales goals.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the philosophy of making our customers our first priority.
- Presents a professional attitude and appearance; works effectively in a team environment.
- Completes and submits appropriate paperwork in a neat, legible, and timely manner.
- Learns safe work practices and performs all work in a safe manner ensuring the safety of co-workers, customers, the general public, and the employee. All work is done in compliance with the National Electric Code, National Electrical Safety Code, and OSHA regulations.
- Takes proactive steps to continue education in present and future products, services, and technologies, including coursework in preparation for certification and promotion to Field Service Technician II after 3 months of continuous employment in good standing.
- Drives Company vehicles safely, complying with all traffic regulations.
- Performs other duties as required. Qualifications • High School diploma or GED.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Previous selling experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and continue education in present and future products, services, and technologies.
- The combined weight of a person's body and equipment must not exceed the standard 300-pound weight capacity designated to ladders and bucket trucks.
- Ability to safely and regularly perform position requirements at heights greater than 30 feet. With or without accommodation, must be physically capable of:
- climbing ladders, towers and other structures, and may be required to climb poles;
- lifting and carrying up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to manipulate connectors, fasteners, wire and hand tools, including but not limited to shovels, picks, wrenches, and other general or specialized small hand tools.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- May need to distinguish between various colors, hear specific tones, and/or obtain certifications required in specific localities.
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 20 months ago
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...