Ardsley Evening Shift Supervisor
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for assisting management in monitoring the day-to-day activities of subordinates, aiding in monitoring associate productivity, assigning responsibility for specified work and/or functional activities within the framework set by management, giving work directions, and monitoring scheduling for adequate shift coverage.
This position also maintains knowledge of and monitors compliance with all corporate standards and, through leadership and example, encourages the highest level of sales and customer service performance by other associates. This position also performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by Management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager or General Manager, depending on local requirements.
- Monitors and observes the day-to-day activities of subordinates, coordinates breaks for hourly associates, and keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems
- Completes opening, daily and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures
- Coordinates with management for on-the-job training of new associates
- Operates cash register and voids transactions as needed while following all HMSHost cash handling policies and procedures, and maintains proper security of cash at all times
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or use of a hand truck
- Implements product rotation based on product code dates in warehouse and concepts, orders product and participates in physical inventory counts as required
- Resolves customer complaints in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Monitors compliance with safety guidelines, builds awareness about safety, and reports any safety concerns to management
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Requires a minimum of 6 months supervisory/lead experience
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Food and beverage, cash handling, and customer service experience preferred
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
HMSHost - 2 years ago
HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the...