Director Hospital Consulting-Nursing Services
The Director Hospital Consulting Nursing Services will work closely with client members to improve the overall performance of their nursing services programs. In particular, this individual will identify and implement sustainable solutions to improve patient flow, patient access, cost efficiency, clinical results, patient and physician satisfaction and alignment of nursing services with overall hospital operations.
- Supports the development of consulting methodologies to address the current challenges facing hospitals related to the provision of nursing services.
- Lead consulting teams to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues), and determine the appropriate solutions that will lead the client to achieve best practice performance.
- Build consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical key role in the hospital’s ability to successfully implement the identified solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to other Southwind and Advisory Board Company business units as it relates client challenges in nursing services.
- Provide support to other southwind and Advisory Board Company business units when nursing services expertise is required in dealing with client issues.
- Provide subject matter expert input to Advisory Board Company research as needed.
- Communicates effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, members and other staff.
- Manage engagement deliverables to established budget.
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations.
- Support Business Development and Marketing efforts.
- Masters/ Graduate degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Healthcare Administration or Allied Health or related field
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in hospital nursing services
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite – Word, PPT, Excel
- Experience with project management and process improvement methodologies
- Superior analytical abilities; ability to draw insight from findings and understand member’s business issues
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment across multiple business units
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time
Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- 5 – 10 years clinical experience in a hospital setting
- Masters degree, MBA or MHA
- RN highly preferred
- Employee staffing experience
- Background in healthcare consulting with specific expertise in one or more of the following areas of hospital operations: patient throughput, workforce management, and /or cost reduction.
- Experience managing projects that achieved budget and timeline goals
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...