Mainframe Performance Engineer
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 7, 2013, 10:07:21 PM
Essential Job Functions
Mainframe performance management including Logical Partitions (LPAR), Coupling Facility (CF), and input/output (I/O) Performance support. (Database 2) DB2 and Customer Information Control System (CICS) performance support. Mainframe performance, tuning, and systems management support; tracking and oversight; close-out.
- Evaluate EPS Pivotor and BMC Visualizer Reports
- Collect institutional performance management knowledge to produce standard operating procedures (SOPs) to detect systems issues
- Build comprehensive mainframe CICS Utilization Reports
- Build comprehensive mainframe DB2 Utilization Reports
- Define processes and build a reporting mechanism for early identification, alerting, tracking, and reduction of possible system outages especially when mainframe capacity is projected to be insufficient with production workloads
- Perform analysis of mainframe capacity planning tests
- Perform Pivotor and Visualizer Reports Analysis
- Create zOS-based systems performance trouble shooting and quality assurance standard operating procedures
- Generate CICS Utilization Reports
- Generate DB2 Utilization Reports
- Create web based reports for early identification, alerting, tracking, and reduction of possible system outages especially when mainframe capacity is projected to be insufficient with production workloads. These reports should be easily exported to MSOffice and raw data formats when necessary.
- Perform analysis of mainframe capacity planning tests, including:
- Mainframe capacity planning tests analysis
- Mainframe performance tuning recommendations
- Executive summaries (as required)
- Capacity planning and application performance reports (as required.)
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, systems engineering, physics, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming or naval architecture
- Experience working with specific software and/or hardware systems with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
- Experience working with design principles and applications
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...