Provides nutritional care services to hospital patients including menu preparation, printing and correction. Maintains electronic patient nutrition record in Computrition. Processes Diet orders from HBOC. Prepares food production tallies and reports. Telephonic patient interview for menu selection. Demonstrates exemplary customer services skills and attention to detail when serving patients, visitors and employees menu selections from the service lines. Ensures that presentation of requested items meets standards of quality, freshness, and appearance.
Responsibilities include :
1. Demonstrates complete understanding and application of Computrition Diet Office management systems. Accurately and timely generation of reports and processes.
2. Processes and implements diet orders according to protocols. Maintains electronic patient nutrition record and updates with patient’s food preferences, allergies and individualized needs.
3. Obtains patients menu selections within established time frames using computer application. Demonstrates patient focused customer service standards. Demonstrates understanding of nutrition and discusses appropriate menu selection options with patients to meet therapeutic diet requirements.
4. Corrects menus for patients receiving therapeutic diets to ensure nutrition adequacy and accuracy.
5. Enters calorie count information in electron patient nutrition record. Obtains accurate data required for calorie count calculation.
6. Sets up and processes tube feeding, nourishments and snacks. Prints patient labels for assembly.
7. Tallies special items on Add-on tallies and participates in food preparation as needed to support patient care processes.
8. Assembles and checks trays during meal service within established time frames ensuring that therapeutic accuracy, quality, freshness, taste and appearance standards are met.
9. Delivers meal trays to patient’s dining area preferences. Announces self before entering area and assists patient with tray set-up.
10. Participates in follow-up meal rounds and ensures that every patient is satisfied.
11. Stocks carts for breakfast service in accordance with established par levels.
12. Prepares and assembles tube feedings, nourishments and snacks. Deliver nourishments to nourishment station and/or patient bedside.
13. Assembles late trays and special order item for patient meal service within established time frames ensuring that therapeutic accuracy and appearance standards are met.
14. Collects Caloric counts information in a timely and accurate manner.
15. Adheres to all GlobalRehab at Scottsdale Healthcare’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
16. Performs all duties as assigned or requested.
High School Diploma or GED and Food Handlers Card required. Speaks and understands English. 1-2 years food service experience in a healthcare environment. Knowledge in specialized diets such as heart healthy, diabetic, etc. Ability to work effectively in a high volume, customer service oriented environment while displaying behaviors consistent with GlobalRehab Hospital at Scottsdale Healthcare values. Easily adapts to changes in staffing, work routines, and workload.
Global Rehab Hospitals - 2 years ago