The Cell Leader is responsible to ensure safety, quality and production goals are achieved within molding and works in unison with other Cell Leads across the plant. Cell Leads will support other shifts as needed.
- Drive the following key metrics: safety, quality, PPH & customer service.
- Measure and communicate cell performance to department leadership.
- Full time presence on the production floor.
- Provide direction to operators and technicians in molding and manage the daily operations to meet established targets
- Ensure product quality though accurate and timely completion of in-process inspections and rework.
- Work with associates to ensure they arrange coverage for vacation, absenteeism and scheduling overtime as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely SAP & MES transactions.
- Ensure cell associates are trained in safety, quality and operations.
- Build and develop teamwork within cells and between cells to create a single unified department.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts by utilizing CI practices (KAS, Blitz’s) and adhering to standard work practices.
- Assist engineers and senior techs with project work within the cell
- Participate in the hiring process for cells.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Participate fully to achieve the department’s safety goals.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Hold team members to safety standards/regulations & policies.
Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills & Abilities
Level of Education/Knowledge needed:
High School diploma or GED
Strong technical skills, very strong quality skills preferred.
Able to run equipment in molding
Familiar with SAP preferred
Knowledgeable of ISO & FDA regulations and BD Quality policies
Level of Experience needed:
Previous manufacturing experience desired.
Level of Skills Needed:
Able to obtain molding Level 2 Process, PM and Mechanical within 6 months
Prefer ability to obtain mold setting within 1 year
Prefer ability to obtain Molding Level 3 Process, PM and Mechanical within 1 year
Proficient at reading and writing English
Good written and oral communication skills
Basic computer skills
Strong sense of urgency
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to provide facts/data to assist Business Lead in holding people accountable
Track record of professional behavior
Lead a team
Plan and organize job tasks
Set priorities and timelines
Take initiative (see what needs to be done and then do it)
First Shift / Day Job
Becton Dickinson - 10 months ago