As directed by the CTO, the BA/PM will be lead the evaluation, planning, development, and analysis of business solutions for SFMOMA. It is the responsibility of the BA/PM to ensure business/technical solutions align end user requirements with SFMOMA's business needs. The BA/PM requires collaboration with other teams within and outside of SFMOMA including the Lead Software Developer, Systems Analyst and Financial Analyst as well as with SFMOMA's external vendors. The BA/PM must possess a solid technical understanding and appreciation of how technology contributes to driving business value at SFMOMA. In addition, the BA/PM will have the ability to project manage a portfolio of projects across multiple departments working with key stakeholders in the areas of Content Strategy, Development, Marketing, Education, and Collections.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Assign tasks to business stakeholders and follow up to make sure tasks are being completed on schedule.
- Working closely with the end users teams, analyze information needs understand user goals and functional requirements through interviews, task analysis and user research. Deliver User Models, Functional Requirements, and Use Cases.
- Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Support the initiation, requirements and design, construction, implementation, release and ongoing use of business systems within the IT Department and for SFMOMA's internal customers.
- Drive execution and implementation of new system initiatives. Plan and coordinate all aspects of internal information system-specific projects from initiation to delivery.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
- Manage project budget and timeline.
- Identifies, assesses and mitigates project risks that may jeopardize project completion.
Education and Training: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years Business Analysis and Project Management experience, experience working across teams in a large scale museum environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create and deliver effective summaries, presentations, and related materials in an effective and timely manner to varied audiences
- Effective prioritization and problem solving skills resulting in the ability to resolve conflict and overcome obstacles
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Experience driving large scale system or vendor selection processes
- Synthesize complex or diverse information
- Identify and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyzes information skillfully
- Develop alternative solutions
- Work well in both group and individual problem solving situations
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Respond promptly to user needs
- Solicit user feedback to improve service and deliver projects on time
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Special Environmental Factors: Exposure to E.M.F. levels deemed non-hazardous by state and federal agencies.
POSITION: Business Analyst/Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
SUPERVISOR: Chief Technology Officer
This is a three year temporary position.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art encourages people of color, residents of SOMA, and other San Francisco residents to apply. The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
SFMOMA - 11 months ago