Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit (union).
Current vacancy is full time with benefits, day shift, Monday – Friday and will float as needed to various clinics in Ambulatory Care.
Please Note: *this position requires travel to other clinics and a valid drivers license is required.
- One year office clerical experience, preferably including experience in a health care/medical environment; OR approved education OR an approved combination of education and experience.
- Completion of a health-related clerical education program preferred;
- Must have excellent oral and written customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Specific job activities and accountabilities include:
- Coordinate admission/registration process;
- Answer patient telephone calls.
- Input retrieve, and modify information in computer based systems, including insurance information, demographics and clinic information;
- Maintain, file, and retrieve documents;
- Data/charge entry
- Coordinate verification for third party reimbursement, authorization for care, and billing;
- Provide appropriate customer service by phone and/or in person for all patients, visitors and staff;
- May serve as a resource for new staff, peers and other members of the health care team;
- May maintain supplies and inventory; perform other related duties;
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.