Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
Ability to diagnose and treat multiple disease processes on the adult hospitalized patient at Mercy Medical Center.
Appropriately responds to patient related emergencies.
- Keep current with hospital standards of care including continuing CME requirements as required by federal and state regulations.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, medical records, billing and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Appropriately manages patient care and health status following initiation of treatment/preventive plan, and monitors and adjusts as warranted.
- Seeks consultation and advice by providing adequate information to consulting physicians and communicates requests effectively, or responds to such requests from the referral source in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Documents according to established guidelines to facilitate ongoing quality of care in a timely manner.
- Performs appropriate medical procedures within scope of practice as defined by Credentialing and Privileging processes.
- Delegates direct and indirect patient care activities to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participates in clinical quality improvement initiatives.
- Reviews and follows-up on complaints and concerns about medical care.
- Supports appropriate billing for professional service through timely documentation and maintaining adequate knowledge of billing policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership for Hospitalist service and with and community relations as appropriate
- Participates in the training, orientation, and evaluation of support staff
- Regularly attends and actively participates in staff meetings, Participates in appropriate committee structure
- Participates in community education and other professional activities to promote Hospitalist service
- Demonstrates open, honest communication and behavior
- Lives the values of dignity, integrity, service and compassion
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect for all patients, their families, guests, and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers, and medical staff.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and abides by all federal and state regulations in practice and billing
- Demonstrates responsibility for individual performance and efficient utilization of practice resources
- Follows established safety precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties in order to ensure a safe environment
- Maintains appropriate aseptic technique for preparation, procedures and medications administered.
- Demonstrates current level of knowledge of various payor regulations by functioning within those guidelines.
- Teaching of residents, medical students, mid level and allied health professionals.
- Performs clinical practice in adherence to evidence based practice and research.
- MD or equivalent
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Iowa
- Eligibility for Medical Staff membership.
- H1-B candidates encouraged to apply
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
For more information please contact Roger McMahon at 515-643-8323 or
IA-Des Moines-Medical Administration
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...