The Senior UNIX System Administrator will be responsible for supporting the growing SoundExchange UNIX environment and systems. The environment consists of Linux servers with enterprise SAN and iSCSI storage and utilizes virtualization technology. The position will be part of a small system admin team and broader enterprise IT team. Reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure.
Skills and Requirements:
- Manage and administer corporate UNIX/Linux systems.
- Manage systems in both corporate data center and public cloud environments.
- Recommend upgrades and new technologies, plan for growth, develop relationships with vendors, and support business partners who interface with the environment.
Support key enterprise commercial software.
- On-call support and occasional weekend/holiday work required.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant curriculum is required. Work experience will be considered as a substitute for education requirements.
- 10+ years professional experience designing and supporting UNIX environments.
- Strong Linux knowledge including setup and management of iSCSI and Fibre Channel devices.
- SAN experience including building fabrics, zoning and security.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with software developers and company partners.
- Knowledge of Cisco switch/router configuration and corporate Microsoft Windows environment is highly preferred.
Submit a resume
with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please make sure to reference the position title in the subject line.
SoundExchange - 2 years ago