This is a key role within Patten Rental Services/The CAT Rental Store at Patten Industries, Inc.
Purpose and Scope
This team member’s job is promoting rentals and the rental concept to customers, educating them in proper equipment applications along with technology advancements that enable greater productivity. Unlike traditional salespersons, Rental Reps only occasionally write rental agreements, focusing their time on customer and job site visits, allowing the Inside Rental Coordinators to actually consummate the rental transaction when the customers call in or come to the rental store. This is in the Construction Products Division.
Daily sales calls.
Submit new/used sales quotes to customers per month.
Divide territory into workable sub-territories.
Create a weekly territory call itinerary in Sales Link based upon customer and job priority
Complete and submit call reports to management on a daily basis.
Record missed rental opportunities in database.
Respond to customer calls in a timely basis and with a sense of urgency.
Respond to team member calls in a timely basis and with a sense of urgency.
Complete required reports and special requests by management.
Other Outside Sales Responsibilities:
· Develop a database of customers, company, competitive, and project information in Sales Link.
· Use various reporting services including Construction Project Source, association contacts, and other database means to prepare for upcoming projects in the area.
· must have good organization and time management skills for effective territory coverage.
· Assists as needed in past due account collection.
· Involvement as necessary when customer damage or service issues demand.
· Keeps a supply of sales tools including company brochures and promotional items on hand and utilizes them creatively to meet customer demands.
· Works closely with Rental Coordinator to make sure all rental contracts have customer signatures, and PO numbers.
· must be perceived by the customer as a consultant, problem solver, handling follow-up calls and customer problems effectively, involving the Rental Manager when necessary.
· must be easily accessible by customers and staff 24/7 or as needed
· occasionally delivers rental equipment in conjunction with regular jobsite visits, to maximize company transportation efforts and satisfy urgent customer demands.
· Involved in local trade associations to network and further develop solid customer relationships.
· Some customer support may require after hours efforts to maintain customer satisfaction.