Job Title Policy/Plan Service Specialist
Jackson - MS
US Deferred Compensation
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Policy Plan Service Specialist. We are a Third Party Administrator (TPA), who record keeps a very large tax-deferred savings Plan written under the rules and regulations of the Internal Revenue Code 457(b). Candidate should have excellent customer service and computer skills and have experience in the financial market arena. Candidate will be responsible for administrative duties, that include, but not limited to reviewing good order status of enrollment and changes to the Plan, pulling files and sending appropriate letters to payroll clerks by creating mail/merge documents. Candidate will be responsible for responding to customer requests for account and product information via phone and walk-in customers.
This candidate should have a college degree and/or equivalent work experience in the financial markets/customer service business, and a FINRA Series 6 Certification.
Candidate should possess strong communication skills and be capable of resolving complex customer issues.
A basic understanding of investment concepts and products, or experience in the financial services industry is highly desirable
Who is our ideal candidate?
ALL CANDIDATES THAT POSSESS FINANCIAL AND/OR INSURANCE BACKGROUND WILL BE CONSIDERED IMMEDIATELY...Our ideal candidate is a customer focused, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in a busy financial office environment. We are looking for an individual who can provide professional, reliable and prompt services to customers. This individual will be expected to develop relationships with customers and internal partners, effectively troubleshoot, prioritize, and multi-task. The candidate should have strong PC skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office. Strong communication and organizational skills are necessary. The successful candidate will need to maintain a business-driven mindset by placing the customer first and demonstrating a sense of urgency at all times.
You should be capable of delivering cost-effective, quality service to Plan participants in order to retain customers and increase profitability. Accurately process and handle customer financial and non-financial transactions, and respond to customer requests for account and product information. This candidate should have a college degree and/or equivalent work experience in a marketing/customer service business, and a FINRA Series 6 Certification. Candidate should possess strong communication skills and be capable of resolving complex customer issues. A basic understanding of investment concepts and products, or experience in the financial services industry is highly desirable.
We are a Third Party Administrator servicing a large Internal Revenue Code Section 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, and operate in a dynamic team oriented environment. Our office in Jackson, MS provides service to customers from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
What else can we tell you?
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...