Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Director of Admissions , the primary purpose of your position is to manage the facility census by opening and maintaining the accounts with insurers, community organizations and hospitals, which generate patient referrals and admissions.
As Director of Admissions , you are responsible for managing the facility census by opening and maintaining accounts with insurers, community organizations and hospitals, which generate patient referrals and admissions. Supervises the Admissions Coordinator when applicable. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves facility census goals and annual budget projections.
- Sales & Marketing of facility
- Serve as liaison between the company and the outside community.
- Works with local community agencies to generate a positive image and encourage referral activities.
- Participates in industry trade shows and business development activities, as assigned.
- Develops strategies to maximize admissions including daily contact with potential referral sources including but not limited to hospitals, physicians, insurers, case management companies and health care agencies.
- Conducts admission screening of potential patients, determine level of care, services required, equipment needs and insurance coverage, as indicated.
- Decides acceptance of patients and coordinates admissions with appropriate staff.
- Notifies Regional Director of Admissions prior to denial of any patient.
- Promotes Consulate Health Care and participates in contract closings and price negotiations with insurance companies, as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement.
- Collects appropriate data, prepares and submits required reports to Regional Director of Admissions as assigned with copies of reports to Executive Director.
- Maintains effective communication with Consulate Health Care personnel, as assigned.
- Attends and participates in weekly admissions/operations meetings, as assigned by Regional Director of Admissions.
- Participates in the facility quality improvement process by identifying customer service issues and reporting these issues to the Executive Director.
- Accesses continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities as approved by Regional Director of Admissions.
- Adheres to all Consulate Health Care Policies and Procedures, and participates in safety, quality improvement and infection control programs as assigned.
- Conducts tours of facility for prospective residents whether walk-ins or scheduled admissions.
- Nursing degree preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in business development, prefer in Health Care Setting
- Experience working independently.
- Excellent verbal & written, interpersonal communication skills
Consulate Health Care Services
- 2 years ago - save job