Position Title Engineering Intern
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Consumer & Office Products , Specialty Chemicals , and the Community Development and Land Management Group .
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak® , and Shellpak® packaging) and their busy schedules ( AT-A-GLANCE® and Day Runner® ). We help people take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 17,500 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are seeking a motivated, self-starting engineering intern to assist with a variety of engineer related projects at MWV, Consumer and Office Products manufacturing and distribution facility in Sidney, NY. This location focuses on products for adult professionals under the AT-A-GLANCE and Day Runner Brands. This is a full-time internship position for the summer.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Assist Project Engineer(s), Assistant Project Engineers and Engineering Technicians with efficiency improvement projects, preventative maintenance projects on production or facilities equipment & cost reduction projects.
- Analyze production machinery and building mechanical equipment and recommend corrections or changes to resolve any mechanical, electrical or material problems restricting optimal performance.
- Work with machine operators and maintenance personnel to help resolve problems and/or training issues on equipment and parts identification issues within SAP/R3.
- Assist with “Set-Up Reduction” activities on manufacturing equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of production and assembly lines.
- Assist with establishing labor standards by using time studies and/or predetermined time standards.
- Utilize Auto Cad for layout development and review.
- Must conform to all MWV Safety policies and procedures. Must comply with all MWV Work Rules and policies.
Students should possess basic auto cad skills.
Major/student status preferred: Jr or Sr level student in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial
United States of America
Full Time Co-Op
MeadWestvaco - 2 years ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...