Assists with the activities and associates in Switchboard Operations to ensure prompt, efficient and courteous services. The Assistant will be a detail-minded individual who assists the Coordinator with day-to-day operations and working supervision of the Switchboard Operations associates (Switchboard/Nurse Call Operators). Associate works under the direct supervision of the Communications Coordinator.
Completion of both application and
Gallup Support Interview
are required to be considered an applicant for this position.
The interview can be found on web site
or located under step # 2 on the employment page of our website (
) under “Applying at Saint Elizabeth”.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the direction of the Switchboard/Nurse call associates and maintenance of appropriate staffing and schedules.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all telecommunications functions to effectively serve as a switchboard and nurse call operator.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Intego nurse call system, the PBX, and Verizon business devices within SERMC.
- Assists with the coordination and installation of certain telecommunications/nurse call equipment and for software adds, moves and changes.
- Maintains and publishes the telephone directories (hard copy, Intranet, switchboard operators’ private directory).
- Assists in the coordinating of training for new associates for nurse call functions and equipment.
- Assists with payroll duties for the Switchboard Operations Department.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with government and SERMC regulations.
- Responsible for the monthly invoice process for all telecommunications and interpretation vendors.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of nurse locator devices, nurse call specialty paddles, and wireless devices, maintaining accurate records and inventory of all.
- Serves on various relevant hospital committees as representative of communications team (Diversity, Emergency Management, Safety Council).
- High school diploma or equivalent required. One to two years business college preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively lead department associates.
- Computer skills required for Word and Excel, including ability to create and maintain spreadsheets as needed. Will work with other software programs related to telephony management.
- PBX experience preferred.
- Be able to troubleshoot wireless phones and smart phones.
- Have a high comfort level using websites in an ethical manner to conduct business transactions including corporate, private and commercial sites with a corporate credit card.
- One to two years in supervisory position preferred.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent people skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, a high degree of tact and judgment.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers. //CB.
Administrative and Clerical
NE-Lincoln-Saint Elizabeth Reg Med Ctr
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 17 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...