Basic Qualifications - Years of Experience:|
Scope of Responsibility/Expectation:
MySQL/NoSQL Data Administrator will setup, manage, and support mission critical data systems for the Motorola Mobility Services provided on the Motorola Android phone.
- Build scalable, highly available data management systems for MySQL/NoSQL technologies
- Setup backup and speedy recovery systems for mission critical services in high volume, highly available cluster environments
- Support and resolve issues in production systems
- Develop performance measurement tools for data systems
- Automate slow query aggregation and tune queries
- Build/enhance monitoring applications for data systems using MySQL/NoSQL
- Support cross-functional groups to fulfill ad-hoc production requests
- Mid level experience (2-5 years) with administering high traffic, highly available and scalable database systems (2 years minimum of MySQL) and some experience with NoSQL solutions like Cassandra, Hadoop, Hbase etc.
- Experience with optimizing databases and performing complex tuning tasks
- Knowledge of parallel computing technologies and understanding of JMX metrics and log4j
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Proficient in at least one scripting language – Shell, Perl, etc.
- Proficient in SQL, Stored Procedures
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other staff members, to complete short and long-term projects
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Motorola Mobility - 13 months ago