Imagine Yourself... Working on an as needed basis as an Interventional Radiologic Technologist completing the following duties:
- Operating angiographic equipment used to perform basic diagnostic procedures on inpatients and outpatients. Procedures include, but are not limited to: biopsy, para/thoracentesis, abscess drainages, and vascular access.
- Acting as a scrub assistant on basic interventional and surgical procedures, receiving direction from attending and resident physicians.
- Monitoring patients and alerts staff of life threatening changes in patient status. Applying the defibrillator and performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation when required. Providing assistance with emergency procedures responding quickly and effectively as they occur.
- Identifying and processing images, assuring that images are of diagnostic quality. Assisting clinical staff in evaluating digital equipment to maintain consistent film quality.
- Comparing requisitions to physician orders to ensure ordered exam accuracy. Maintaining patient medical records and processes computerized patient data.
- Transfering patients and sharing responsibility for patient comfort and well-being during procedures.
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology.
- Requires 2 years of experience in Interventional Radiologic Technology as a technologist.
- Radiographer license issued by the state of Wisconsin. AND
- Registered Technologist (RT) registration issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). AND
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA). May obtain within 6 months based on department discretion. AND
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS) issued by the American Heart Association (AHA).
This position is open due to a military leave:
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Aurora HealthCare - 13 months ago
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality...