United States-New York-The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Guest Relations Manager
The Guest Relations Manager will oversee and direct all aspects of guest relations function with the goal to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction. The Guest Relations Manager will lead, train and recognize the Guest Relations team in support of exceptional guest service.
Be a part of the historic castle on the park, The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed hotel, a timeless landmark capturing memories since 1907. Located in the heart of midtown, The Plaza now features 282 luxury hotel rooms and suites, the elegant Champagne Bar and stylish Rose Club, as well as the legendary Palm Court, New York City’s premier destination for afternoon tea. The Plaza offers the Five Diamond standard of excellence and sophistication while offering an authentically local and unrivalled experience for our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the Guest Relations team to ensure all standards and operating procedures are adhered to
- Work closely with Sales & Front Office teams to ensure flawless guest service experiences
- Co-operate, co-ordinate and communicate with other hotel departments, notably Housekeeping and Food and Beverage, on guest matters
- Provide functional assistance and direction to guest relations supervisors
- Responsible for departmental scheduling, payroll and recognition
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper areas
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations
- Act as loyalty program champion
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years previous management experience in Front Office operations
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written), second language an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Proven ability to guide and coach team members
- An operational knowledge and proficiency in Front Office Systems-Property Manager and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent leadership, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior leadership & coaching skills with a proven track record of developing and motivating career minded professionals
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required.
- Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while considering all aspects of the job i.e. Financial, Operational, Human Resources
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit
to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Management / Supervisory
13.Feb.2013, 11:59:59 PM
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts - 2 years ago
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties in 16...