Job Title: Sr Engineer-EP (Relays)
Job ID: 3001506
Location: PA - Kennett Square
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit Overview
Exelon Power is responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining the company's fossil and hydroelectric fleet of generating assets. Exelon Power has a presence in 15 states and Alberta, Canada, and is capable of generating more than 14,500 megawatts of power through a portfolio of 186 hydroelectric, fossil, biomass and landfill gas units, as well as 18 megawatts from two solar plants and nearly 900 megawatts across 38 wind projects. Exelon Power's diverse generating portfolio enables the company to be competitive in the deregulated power market during the intermediate seasons and peak demand periods.
Locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Texas and Massachusetts
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide technical direction and guidance to site operations and maintenance stafffor selection, installation, setting, maintenance, and troubleshooting of protective relaying, metering, voltage regulator and control systems requiring an in-depth understanding of engineering principles, theories, standards, concepts and techniques. The position involves system and equipment troubleshooting, root cause analysis, performance monitoring, and defining outage work and maintenance priorities. Disciplines include: Performs consultative services and custom relaying design for Exelon Power Plants. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Provide technical support to Exelon Power plants through analyzes and resolution of complex engineering problems on plant protective relaying and control systems and equipment by leading and working with a significant number of Company and vendor personnel to achieve optimum results 2 Provide system / component troubleshooting and root cause analysis investigation 3 Define outage work scope and assemble engineering work packages as necessary. Prepares and proposes effective recommendations to superiors and plant sites by performing engineering evaluations of plant Protective Relaying and Control Equipment to achieve plant objectives 4 Establishes reports, proposals, procedures and directs personnel in established practices, technical and quality assurance procedures 5 Works with central based Program and Reliability Engineers towards improving system and component reliability and cost effectiveness. Assumes responsibility for approving designs, overall scheduling, cost estimation, budget preparation, and expenditure control, equipment specification, drawing development and approval and resolving design or construction conflicts. 6 Prepare capital project justification, installation oversight, and acceptance testing oversight7 Interface with plant asset OEM's to optimize equipment material condition and incorporate recommendations 8 Perform all other duties as assigned.
1 BS in engineering with 6+ years professional experience
2 Knowledge of applicable discipline codes and standards
3 Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
4 Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
5 Six Sigma Green or Black belt certification
1 FLS experience
2 PE License
3 MS or MBA
4 CAD experience
5 Knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, controls, PLC
Equal Employment Statement
- Position reports to Manager of Operations and Maintenance
- Provides engineering support to on-site staff for issues relating to a) overall facility and individual turbine operational performance, b) facility infrastructure, including substations, collection systems, communication systems, roads, etc.
- Develops models and monitors facility operating statistics as compared to expected performance and identifies and addresses positive and negative operational trends.
- Assists management information and on-site operating staff with technical and quality issues.
- Reviews progress and effectiveness of maintenance scheduling and planning.
- Acts as on-the-ground point of contact for the operational excellence, best practices, and SOP programs
- Works closely with Technical Manager and corresponding Asset Manager
- Interfaces with engineering, accounting, and development staff and other individuals both inside and outside the company as required.
- Participates in technical and HSE audits and reviews
Exelon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Exelon - 9 months ago
The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company Exelon. The...