Do you have strong customer service skills and mechanical abilities? Looking to take your career to the next level? SalonCentric, the professional products distribution operation of L'Oréal USA, is looking for an Equipment Service Technician. This full time position will be based out of the Omaha, Nebraska area.
Responsible for consistently providing customer service and support as it applies to regularly scheduled and on-demand service requests, delivery, installation and other customer needs as required in support of the assigned equipment territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Perform service calls and preventative maintenance visits to salons.
- Actively support sales and growth of service department through offering of Maintenance Contracts.
- Properly conduct a pre-work assessment of equipment to be repaired, account for and document all parts and labor on customer’s repair invoice, and conduct the repair with strong customer service skills.
- Responsible for the explanation and collection of payments, and repair or delivery fees when required.
- Show professional concern for quality work with regard to equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Exercise sound judgment when dealing directly with customers at all times.
- Support Salon Furnishings department during national, regional, and multi-brand shows with set-up and breakdown of the equipment show floor.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area and assist in maintaining, cleaning and organizing the equipment and showroom areas.
- As needed, assist in loading vehicles for customer deliveries and installations.
- PENDING LOGISTICS PLAN: Share in accountability for having truck and van serviced and cleaned regularly.
- Travel when necessary to perform duties in support of assigned equipment territory.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as deemed necessary by management including but not limited to driving company vehicles and any other tasks in support of quality customer service.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong, growing company. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to match experience. Drug screen and criminal background check required.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent job related experience.
- Mechanical repair experience in a similar or comparable field to salon equipment
- Must have valid state driver’s license and good driving record with MVR department.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical motors helpful
- Experience with add-on sales preferred
- Interpersonal communication skills and professional appearance combined with a technical ability to conduct repairs in salons whilst they are in full business operations.
- Capable of lifting 50-75 lbs with the assistance of an equipment cart (i.e. dolly) as deemed required in conjunction with L%u2019Oreal/SalonCentric safety norms.
L'Oreal - 2 years ago
L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a...