Responsible for visiting families in their homes to support, assist and educate them regarding pre-natal care and how to provide a safe, healthy, developmentally appropriate environment for their child. Through the use of best practices including Head Start Performance Standards, the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Partners for a Healthy Baby, and High/Scope, a Home Visitor provides support, information and education to families.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of Early Head Start Performance Standards and actively participate in the implementation and evaluation of program policies, activities and objectives to meet program requirements.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of available resources, agencies and organizations within the community.
- Minimum of a CDA, an Associate's degree in Child Development, Education, Social Work, or related field.
- Experience working with infants, toddlers and families.
- Valid USVI Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
Career.VI - 14 months ago