The Welding/Coating Engineer will provide on a consulting type basis, technical welding or coating support for Dresser-Rand World Wide Field Operations. This role is also focused on the Dresser-Rand Field Operations commitment to make Dresser-Rand, a Technology Solutions Leader and Premier Service Provider of choice in the industry.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- The legal authorization to work in the US
- A minimum of a Bachelors Engineering degree Metallurgy, Welding Engineering, or related Engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years experience in industrial equipment weld repair and thermal spray coating
- Must possess AWS CWE, CWI and / or ASNT Level 3 certification
- Must possess good general applied mechanical skills
- Must have the ability to perform research and development of applied welding and coating applications
- Proficiency in software applications such as: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, AutoCAD LT, Outlook & Project.
- Must possess working / hands-on knowledge of the following:
- Manual and automatic welding processes (GTAW, SMAW, SAW, GMAW) Applied Metallurgy – Heavy equipment repair
- Thermal Spray Processes (HVOF, HVLF, Arc Spray, Plasma)
- Air Applied Coatings (anti-foulant, corrosion resistant)
- Non-Destructive Testing (MT, PT, UT)
- General Machining practices Fixture design & building API 687 code
- Must possess equipment repair experience in the following:
- Industrial or Utility Steam Turbines Industrial Gas Turbines Centrifugal Compressors Reciprocating Compressors
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Provide on a consulting type basis, technical welding or coating support for Dresser-Rand World Wide Field Operations.
- Provide focus on the D-R Field Operations commitment to make Dresser-Rand, a Technology Solutions Leader and Premier Service Provider of choice in the industry.
- Perform multiple welding and coating processes to steam turbines, Industrial Gas Turbines, centrifugal compressors, or similar equipment
- Communicate to skilled craftsmen repair requirements and explain technically to other professionals the metallurgy of the repairs.
- Develop new or non-standard solutions for damaged client equipment. Prepare & make presentations to any internal /external client level.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid
Dresser-Rand - 2 years ago
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...