Job Title: Electrical Engineer Test Specialist
As a Test Specialist for the Unmanned Aircraft Systems business unit, you will support systems engineering test activities
as well as proposals and projects. Engineering activities include:
(JTC SIL) in a highly visible, collaborative government/contractor work environment with occasional support to Huntsville
- Full time, on-site support to the UAS Test Lab in the government''s Joint Technology Center, Systems Integration Lab
- ffice engineering activities
- Assist in hardware and/or software integration
- Electronic technical support to UAS labs
- Participate in JTC SIL lab setup, configuration and maintenance for both hardware and software
- Assisting in troubleshooting and repair of Ground Control Station Emulators and associated equipment.
- Providing installation, update, configuration and test support for trainers
- Occasional travel is required (~15%)
ability to successfully perform the job duties.
- Minimum of six years of experience.
- Associate''s Degree in Electronic Technology, or HS diploma and equivalent education or experience to demonstrate the
Demonstrated skills include:
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain a US DoD security clearance
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer''s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Knowledge of Linux Redhat
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008
- Knowledge of virtual machines and VMWare
- Knowledge of computer networks and their configuration
- Knowledge of Information Assurance requirements and practices
- Knowledge of Army C4I systems and software
- Knowledge of test practices and procedures
- Knowledge of a test equipment, theory and disciplines
- Knowledge of system/subsystem/component level design
- Ability to perceive or troubleshoot potential problems and apply logical or scientific solutions to problems
- Ability to operate a complex and wide range of test equipment
- Ability to develop test plans/strategies and test estimates.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, parts lists and wire data lists
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to plan, organize, and control test projects relative to test budgets, schedule, and manpower allocation
- Ability to prepare comprehensive training programs in system testing and special test equipment design
- Computer skills are required such as word processing, spreadsheets, database and technical drawing packages
- Ability to work directly with the customer.
- Job Field: * Engineering
- Primary Location: * US-Alabama-Huntsville
- Schedule: * Full-time
- Job Level: * Individual Contributor
- Shift: * First Shift
- Job Posting: * 03/03/2014, 11:25:48 AM
- Req ID: * 223803
- Recruiting Company: * AAI Corporation
Location: Huntsville, AL, 35808, USA
IEEE - 10 months ago
AAI flies high, with or without pilots. AAI makes aerospace and defense systems, including unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems for the US...