This position will have the responsibility of supporting the Individual and Family Plans team in expanding its distribution and delivery models. The purpose is to grow revenue and market share in the Individual and Family Segment by expanding both the products and channels for attracting customers to include non-traditional sources, including Affinity partnerships. This role will build out the overall affinity partnership strategy, as well as lead business development efforts and manage the execution of partnership relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL OFFER:
- Lead the development and ongoing relationship management of new distribution channels.
- Implement and lead a new business model to utilize Association, Affinity and Direct to Consumer models.
- Structure the business model to build the development of revenue streams, metrics and financial results.
- Build and maintain partner relationships, including the appropriate contractual agreements, financial metrics, service level agreements and sales and marketing plans.
- Assess the relationship between product, partner profitability, product pricing, revenue stream and risk, to build the best suite of products to take to market via the channel.
- Work with internal Product team to assess product structure and develop or revise product offerings/markets to meet demands of channels.
- Support the development of new products and services to capitalize on changes presented by Healthcare Reform.
- Develop key insights into consumer purchase drivers to build appropriate process to ensure success in meeting objectives.
- Drive change and influence individuals at all levels of the organization to take appropriate risks.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current service model and drive change as needed to properly support the channel and the customers.
- Lead the development of sales and marketing plans for the channels.
- With internal distribution partners, build process to address and mitigate/ resolve potential channel conflict.
- Serve as lead for future strategic development of alternative channels—DTC, etc.
- Foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external customers to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability; work with business partners to identify ways to improve business processes.
- Serve as part of thought leadership team relative to future business opportunities.
- Ultimately, develop functional team leads (managers) through effective coaching and guidance, empowering and enabling strong leadership from each.
- Responsible for partnering with segment operations team to drive busines projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Accountable for operational budget achievement and expense control.
- Analyze performance data and work to re-engineer processes through benchmarking with external and internal business partners.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years in sales and sales leadership in market facing role, business development experience
- Broad understanding of distribution and how channels operate
- Experienced in managing a P&L, strong business management skills
- Strong leadership skills including vision creation, direction setting, building and managing teams, motivating others and driving for results
- Proven ability to operate in a changing environment and remain focused on achieving results
- Experience in and knowledge of other business areas, including operations, consulting or health plan leadership is a plus
- Able to effectively drive results in a matrix environment
- Ability to drive results, think strategically and implement a national strategy
- Ability to foster collaboration, value others perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Ability to establish partnerships with key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
CIGNA - 19 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...