Chesapeake Energy Corporation is seeking a talented individual for the position of Sr. Engineering Advisor – Well Optimization and Artificial Lift. This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK.
The Sr. Engineering Advisor – Well Optimization and Artificial Lift position will be responsible for interfacing with Chesapeake’s District teams, Asset Managers, and Operations Advisors within the Engineering Technology Group on integrated Well Optimization/Artificial Lift projects.
In addition, the responsibilities and duties include:
- Apply Engineering principles in the design and optimization of artificial lift systems including Beam Pump/Sucker Rod Lift, Gas Lift, Electric Submersible Pumps, Jet Pump and Hydraulic lifting methods.
- Be a technical expert and resource to the entire Chesapeake organization in the area of well optimization, artificial lift, and well failure analysis. Promote shared learnings and best practices. Drive Chesapeake’s EH&S commitments in all lift designs.
- Develop, issue, and drive the implementation of company wide artificial lift related design standards, operating guidelines, and technical bulletins.
- Serve as effective project manager on select larger well optimization project’s company wide. Enlisting support as needed and monitoring optimization efforts.
- Stay abreast of new technology in the field of artificial lift and evaluate for use in the various plays within the company. Identify opportunities to work with vendors in the development of new AFL technology.
- Develop, provide education and guidance, and implement regionally specific artificial lift design templates.
- As an integral contributor to field leadership, interface extensively with field operations. Troubleshoot broader and more technical operational problems.
- Train, mentor, and develop staff well optimization engineers. Cultivate and manage career development and training plans for entry level engineers and summer engineering interns.
- Optimize the application of electronic data gathering and automation.
- Utilize rigorous logic, critical thinking skills, and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Chesapeake’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering field required.
Minimum of 10 years related industry experience requried.
Chesapeake Energy - 12 months ago
Chesapeake Energy Corporation is the second-largest producer of natural gas, the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas liquids and...