- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Forecast staffing, workload and shop performance results to meet business demands.
- Identify and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
- Manage financial aspects for the shop operation
- Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives
- Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility
- Oversee shop operations and monitor shop performance related to repair procedures; monitors and ensures shop and worker compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Supervise and manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field and 1 year experience supervising employees in heavy duty truck and trailer or equivalent maintenance experience OR Associate's Degree in Business or related field and 2 years experience supervising employees in heavy duty truck and trailer or equivalent maintenance experience OR 2 years experience as a Walmart Refurb/Service Shop Area Manager OR Diesel, automotive or heavy equipment maintenance technical certifications (e.g. ASE, Air Conditioning, DOT Brake, DOT Preventative Maintenance); and 2 years supervising employees in heavy duty truck and trailer or equivalent maintenance experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years management experience in the truck and trailer or equivalent related maintenance industry to include supervising employees
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Technician Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field and 2 years experience in the truck and trailer or equivalent related maintenance industry (e.g., shop foreman, shop supervisor) to include supervising employees
- Class A Commercial Driver s License (CDL)
Operations Mgr-Service Shop(T)
Walmart Stores - 10 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...