2013 Summer Intern
Enterprise Business Intelligence: Data Warehouse
Computer Science Major Grad 2014 or later
Are you a student looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company, spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology providing its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking college students to join our team. If you are a highly motivated college student pursuing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or related major, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
UPS is looking for an Applications Development Summer Intern interested in all aspects of applications development and support. The Applications Development Summer Intern will work with Lead and Senior Applications Developers who will provide guidance and direction as it relates to the assignment and associated tasks.
This Summer Intern will primarily assist with an analysis of data feeds out of the UPS Data Warehouse and will be given the opportunity to participate in the design and development of a mechanism to automate a process for managing an inventory of the feeds. This is an opportunity to learn about system development methodologies in a practical application and to understand the support and maintenance side of Applications Development. The candidate will interact with applications developers from various applications that receive data from the Data Warehouse.
This Summer Intern position offers an opportunity to gain insight into the challenges of working with large volumes of data and multiple interfacing applications. We are looking for an intern who is creative in their approach to assignments and interested in bringing fresh ideas for design and development to the team.
The successful Applications Development Intern will have experience in or exposure to:
The Summer Intern must be able to work 32-40 hours per week during the summer (generally May through August, 2013).
- The Linux Operating System
- Database structures in Oracle or SQL Server and utilization of the data dictionary to assist with application design and development
- Writing design documentation and test plans
- Trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Thorough follow up and overcoming obstacles
- Microsoft Office 2007 and/or 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Written and oral communication
Knowledge and Skills:
- SQL – beginner to intermediate
- Database concepts – beginner to intermediate
- Linux Operating System – beginner to intermediate
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Office 2007 and/or 2010, with concentration in Access and Excel
The Summer Intern must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
- Graduating December 2013, May 2014 or later.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 13 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...