How to Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking on the "Apply Now" button. To apply later, return to jobs.stvincent.org.
In addition, you may apply via one of the Employment Kiosks located in each of our St. Vincent Health facilities.
This position reports to the Director of Purchasing and is responsible for all purchasing processes and documentation related to the creation of Purchase Orders. Specific duties and functions include but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED:
1) Creates Purchase Orders and reviews requisition content for completeness and accuracy.
2) Validates Purchases Orders have been issued.
3) Assists with confirmation process of Purchase Orders.
4) Expedites Purchase Orders not delivered by deliver to dates.
5) Informs departments of vendor reorder number changes, unit of measure changes, and discontinued items. Updates vendor contact information and builds new vendors. Completes and submits appropriate forms.
6) Informs internal customer of backorders. Follows up with vendor and Supply Chain Consultants as needed.
7) Processes the return of equipment and supplies to vendor.
8) Resolves invoice discrepancies and makes appropriate changes to the Purchase Order.
9) Sources equipment and supplies as needed.
10) Provides customer support by answering purchasing and requisitioning questions. Educates customer on new processes, assist with problem solving activities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Buyer/Purchasing experience
- Experience with Lawson or other major purchasing system
- Excel experience
- Healthcare experience
- Access Database Applications
- Lawson Purchasing System
- Associates or Bachelors degree in any discipline
As an equal opportunity employer, St.Vincent Health and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent Health and all its ministries are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
St. Vincent Health and its ministries do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have additional questions about your application process, you may contact our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772.
St. Vincent Health - 17 months ago