Job Title: Research Intern
Date: December 2012
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assisting experiments related to product development and product testing including performing laboratory tests, laboratory experiments, assays and data analysis. The incumbent is also expected to follow Standard Operating Procedures and Good Laboratory Practices.
1. Conducts experiments related to product formulation or process development, including the preparation of materials, instrumentation, equipment, performance of assays and testing, data analysis, creation of written reports of results.
2. Follows predetermined schedule of experiments according to project objectives.
4. Performs stability studies including the planning and scheduling of in-house and outsourced testing, collection of data, data analysis, and report writing
6. May conduct cell and tissue culture experiments
7. Maintains laboratory records and notebooks, chemical and hazardous materials waste handling protocols, and performs laboratory housekeeping tasks
Job Specifications: This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision, as well as the ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. The ability to independently solve practical problems that deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations is also necessary.
Knowledge: Must be in a Bachelor’s program from an accredited college or university in Biology, chemistry or a related area is required.
Skills: The incumbent must be proficient in using laboratory equipment and instruments, including calibration of instruments and precision measuring instruments. Proficiency in standard chemistry calculations, such as conversion of molar concentrations to weight per volume and Algebra skills are required.
Abilities: Strong written and oral communication skills are required, along with the ability to present results effectively to different audiences. The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals is also necessary. The ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journal articles and reports is necessary, as well as the ability to clearly and concisely write reports on experimental findings.
Working Climate: Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of objects and materials of weight up to 10 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description indicated the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
When the leg bone and the knee bone don't connect so well anymore, Biomet may have a solution. Orthopedic specialists use the medical...