Lab Technician III
Reports to: Sr. Laboratory Manager
Location: Cheshire, CT
Global Level: 3
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and ultra-rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. Alexion is the global leader in complement inhibition, and has developed and markets Soliris® (eculizumab) as a treatment for patients with PNH and aHUS, two debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening disorders caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation. Soliris is currently approved in more than 40 countries for the treatment of PNH, and in the United States for the treatment of aHUS. Alexion is evaluating other potential indications for Soliris and is pursuing development of other innovative biotechnology product candidates in early stages of development. This press release and further information about Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. can be found at: www.alexionpharma.com .
Lab (Animal) Technician II is responsible for the operation, maintenance and coordination of the vivarium facility and animal health program in support of preclinical/non-clinical research.
- Provide technical support on preclinical/nonclinical studies as needed, includes, but is not limited to the operation of pre-clinical imaging equipment, anesthesia, dosing, and sample collection
- Ensure accurate and prompt completion of relevant documentation and recording of electronic data
- Assist Research staff to ensure compliance with animal program policies and procedures Assist in monitoring pre-clinical specimen health (health surveillance monitoring)
- Perform additional laboratory and maintenance tasks in support of the Lab Services staff, such as, but not limited to glass and lab ware washing, autoclaving, and sanitization of common lab areas
- Strict adherence to program Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is required
- Animal Husbandry
- Cage wash operations
- Other responsibilities as required
- Direct technical experience within a scientific research laboratory environment is desirable.
- AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) level or higher is desirable, as is a Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) designation.
- Various combinations of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the role, will be considered.
- Associate’s Degree in Animal Science or Veterinary Technology or equivalent combination of schooling and experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries. Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages and dilutions.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees within the company and projecting a positive image at all times.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Alexion) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development and delivery of biologic...