Department of Human Resources
542 Forbes Avenue, 102 County Office Building
Pittsburgh PA 15219
Phone: (412) 350-2664
Job Title : Assistant County Solicitor (HR Liaison)
Department : Law
Salary Range : $ 4,5 0 0.00 per month
How to Apply : Applications will be accepted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m . All applications must be returned in person or by mail to the above address. You must submit a resume with the application. A resume may not be substituted for an application. Please visit our Job Opportunities website at www.alleghenycounty.us/jobs for a pdf of the Allegheny County Employment Application and complete instructions on How to Apply.
Minimum Requirements: A law degree from an accredited law school, license to practice law before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, AND Three (3) years of employment law experience in Pennsylvania.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess experience in employment law and/or applicants with a human resources background, as well as experience in counseling employers regarding FMLA, ADA and employment discrimination law compliance.
Knowledge , Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- Provides legal advice, services, and representation for assigned Allegheny County Departments and Agencies
- Works closely with County department directors and deputies on intra-County employment issues
- Works closely with the County Human Resources Department to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Counsels County department directors and deputies for the purpose of avoiding labor grievances and litigation by County employees
- Serves as a liaison between the Human Resources Department and the Law Department litigation staff regarding employment issues
- Serves as counsel for the County in actions and proceedings before Federal, state and local courts and administrative bodies in employment-related proceedings
- Interprets statutes and laws applicable to County departments and agencies
- Performs related work as required
- Federal, s tate , and local employment laws, regulations and procedures; particularly FMLA, ADA, ADEA and employment discrimination laws
- EEOC and related quasi-judicial rules, regulations and procedures
- Judicial and administrative procedures and Rules of Evidence
Residency : Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
- Assess client situations and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Explain and apply employment law rules and requirements to directors and deputies with no legal training
- Work with a diverse and challenging client population
- Prepare various legal documents, e.g., pleadings, legal briefs, etc
- Review and analyze proposed statutes, rules, and regulations
- Develop productive working relationships with Human Resources staff, attorneys, other County employees, and the public
Veterans’ Preference : Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
The County of Allegheny is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard