Job Order: J1012-0628 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Application Support Analyst
Category: Information Technology
City: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Job Description: Application Support Analyst
The project involves providing ongoing application development and maintenance for select strategic systems through a managed services program for a large financial institution.
Essential Skills Required :
- Support applications in production. Note interruptions or bugs in operation and perform problem solving exercise to determine problem and ensure continued use of the application.
- Develop data extractions or develop reports from requests or requirements stated by clients, and to investigate data related issues.
- Track and appropriately escalate production issues & report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
- Analyze production issues to determine root cause and provides fix recommendations to the development team.
- Support tasks to include alert monitoring for periodic jobs, opening trouble tickets, general escalation, client coordination, and vendor interactions.
- Assist with planning and testing of application, configuration and database changes, and installation of upgrades and patches and update production support documentation.
- Monitor Level 2 issues/tickets opened internally and by customers for application issues.
- Schedule and monitor nightly jobs.
- Carry pager on rotation basis for support during non-business hours.
- Candidates must have problem solving skills and be capable of breaking down complex situations to discover and resolve root causes, this applies to both technical issues and process issues.
- Good communication skills both verbal and writing with the ability to discuss issues with users.
- Experience in supporting all phases of SDLC
- Experience supporting applications in a UNIX environment
- Understanding of database concepts
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
- Knowledge of UNIX Shell and Korn scripting for automation of tasks.
- Experience with Autosys job management for scheduling, monitoring, and reporting. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 71,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
CGI - 30+ days ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services co...